Re: Reg: Porting UFS/VxFs to ext2

Hello Sir,

  Thanx for the replies. Sir, I require the following details in
 order to document the feasibility of porting the UFS/VxFs to ext2
filesystem.

  UFS consists of cylinder groups.. EXT2 has block groups...
    how can we co-relate or map these 2? can they be co-related?

    While making the UFS filesystem, we specify the number of sectors per
track on the disk, number of tracks per cylinder on the disk, number of
disk cylinders per cylinder group, the rotational speed of the disk
in rps etc... whereas such data is not reqd in case of ext2.

  The block sizes in case of ext2 is 1k,2k and 4k where as in UFS
  it can be either 4K or 8K.

  Sir, can such differences be mentioned to justify the difficulties in
  porting UFS/VxFS to ext2?  If yes... can you give me some more
  pointers about the other differences ..

Kindly help.

Regards
Srikanth