Re: All data gone AWOL

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 11:55:01AM +0000, Ian Leonard wrote:

> On 2002.10.21 19:27 Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:
>
> a partition. The partition table was trashed. I put it back (I knew
> the numbers) and /boot was as expected. I mounted /. There was
> one directory - lost+found. A quick look revelaled that the entire
> contents of the disk were in there with the first element of the
> path renamed to (I guess) the inode number.

Seems like the "/" directory has been trashed and the inode still
in the bitmap. Can you get the / and /lost+found directory file by:

debugfs /dev/hda_problem_disk
dump . /tmp/rootdir
dump lost+found /tmp/lostandfound

then this two files some where I can download? If it is small (<30K),
you can send it to me on email also. I think it should be small.

If you can use e2image and make a meta data image of the partition
put it some where that will also be useful.

Thanks

Chris