Re: EXT3-fs: unable to read superblock

I used the installation CDs of RedHat 7.3 to reinstall my Linux system.
I reformated the / partition with Disk Druid in the ext3 format so I
guess my initrd file was correct after the installation. Still, I was
not able to avoid the error message. Repeating this process with the
installation CDs of RedHat 8.0 did not help.

To avoid it, I used again the installation CDs of RedHat 8.0 to
reinstall my Linux system but this time, I asked Disk Druid to format
the / partition in ext2 format.

I guess that if I reinstall RedHat 8.0 with / as an ext3 filesystem, the
bug (or confuguration problem) would come back. If you can tell me what
files I should look to (for debuging purposes), I would be pleased to do it.

-Patrice