Assertion failure in do_get_write_access() at transaction.c:609:

Hi all (and developers in particular)

I just got bitten by this Assertion.   The one that starts as in the
subject, and ends with:
    "!(((jh2bh(jh))->b_state & (1UL << BH_Lock)) != 0)"

Google reminds me that it was mentioned a few times earlier this year,
but I couldn't find any statement saying that it has been fixed.
I got this in a 2.4.16 kernel, though the reports I found were 2.4.18.

So my question is:  has this been fixed yet?

What seems to trigger it for me is reading the block device file.

I have a program that runs every 10 hours and reads all the inode
tables straight of the block device and checks the disc usage against
what is stored in the quota file.  Any difference that is  found is
logged.  If the same difference gets logged 3 times in a row, I
correct it.

The Assertion failure, which has now happened twice, corresponds with
running this program.... so I might not run if quite so often any
more.

NeilBrown