RH7.2 journal creation

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 12:24:34PM +0000, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> You may remember me raising the point that the new e2fsprogs (1.25 as I
> remember) griped about old journals not having all the appropriate
> fields zeroed.
>
> I've just discovered that the RH 7.2 installer produces journals (ie on
> partitions created as ext3 from within the installer) that flag these
> warnings with a modified 1.25 e2fsck (the mods being to clear the errors
> rather than give up).  This could be a problem in the future...

This sounds like the change which got commited into the e2fsprogs 1.26 tree.
(Which has been released already, and 1.27 should be out soon...)

So, I don't think it should cause a problem into the future, althogh
it would be better if the RH installer didn't do that, since e2fsck
does stop and ask a question to OK clearing the relevant journal
superblock fields.

							- Ted