RESOLVED - RE: Ext3 problems possibly plauging me

Thank you to all who replied.

I am very happy (for you guys anyway) to report that this
was NOT infact caused by ext3, but rather a very very untimely
memory failure that occured during my convertion from ext2 to ext3.

It turned out that one of my PC2100 DDRs went south, and I'll
be contacting Crucial to deal with that.

Thanx again for all the help.

benr.