files disappear in ext3 filesystem

On Jan 17, 2002  17:08 +0800, Mike Lee wrote:
> I met a power fail
> all sub-folders an files in /home folder are disappear.
> and fsck continue to report error in the filesystem.
>
> however, I can see any files and folder in debugfs and can rdump them to
> another folder and format ... and reinstall

Do you have your missing files in /lost+found?  If so, it appears that
you corrupted your root directory, and all files/directories are put
into /lost+found.  Then, to fix this you just need to figure out which
top-level directories are which (e.g. /etc, /usr, /home, /root, /var)
and rename them and put them back where they belong.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger