Stopping to say "thanx" ...

I'll try to keep this short (yeah right! ;-).

Being primarily a user, I find myself bitching, analyzing and
complaining about things I don't stop to understand half the time.
I've done more than may share in this regard the various filesystems
over the years.  I've done a few LUG and tradeshow presentations
over the past year, trying to inform different peer admins what
Linux JFS is best for what applications, probably getting a few
facts incorrect along the way, but not anymore than someone who has
only used 1 JFS (like my favorite, the "ReiserFS absolutist" ;-).

I'm glad to see Ext3 gaining widespread support from kernel to
distros releases.  I've never had a Ext2 filesystem loss in Linux
since I started using it in late 1993, nor Ext3 since using it first
in early 2000.  I cannot say the same thing about NTFS since I
started using NT about the same time (circa 1993).  I've even had
several major physical disk errors on Ext2/Ext3 that ext2fs has
_always_ walked away from with a clean volume.  I've also seen
several people now completely lose ReiserFS volumes when running the
recovery tools when prompted to do so.

To this day, I continue to be vastly impressed with the development
and proven stability of Ext2/Ext3.  I've always loved Ext3 because
of its use of the proven Ext2 recovery tools.  And I'm even more
impressed with more recent its performance and feature-support
improvements in the 2.4 kernel.  Most of them have made my reasons
for running XFS anymore moot.  Although I'm glad to see choice is
still the best reason about Linux, and Ext2/Ext3 continues to thrive
in that atmosphere.

Thanx to all for continuing to making Ext2/Ext3 and, therefore,
Linux great!

-- Bryan
   Known Ext3/XFS "bigot"

--