root fs upgraded to ext3 on rh 6.2 based machine problem when not cleanly unmounted

cat /proc/mounts was correct: after checking the root fs it was marked
as ext3.

But now it works!

I missed one thing: util-linux package.
I had util-linux-2.10f-7 that doesn't contain pivot_root (called inside
linuxrc in the initrd image to switch the root).

I upgraded to util-linux-2.11f-9.

rpm --rebuild gave problems about info and man files (changed path from
6.2 to 7.2 I think), so:
- get src.rpm from 7.2 distro
- rpm -ivh .src.rpm
- unpacked and changed the .tar.bz2 file substituting in MCONFIG
from
		MAN_DIR=        /usr/share/man
		INFO_DIR=       /usr/share/info
into
		MAN_DIR=        /usr/man
		INFO_DIR=       /usr/info
- cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
- change the spec file: duplicate entry of

			%{_mandir}/man1/arch.1*
(probably a bug of the src.rpm itself undependently by the distro???
rpm -ba complained about it and didn't complete successfully...)

- rpm -ba util-linux.spec
- installed the corresponding rpm binary generated in
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386.
-voila'

-great sw rpm!!!
-great sw rpm!!!

Look for example at: http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/index.html

And so getting also the pivot_root, after recompiling kernel, modules
(for safety) and installing, my glibc21 rh 6.2 based system can quickly
recover also my root ext3 file system without problem even after an
unclean power off. Great!

ext2 is compiled statically into the kernel,
ext3 is compiled as a module (no entry in modules.conf: ext3.o and
jbd.o are automatically included in the initrd image when mkinitrd
is launched)

Bye,

Gianluca