Problems with ext3

On Sunday 14 April 2002 20:30, Bryan Kadzban wrote:

> That's because it is.  It's your root filesystem, after all -- if you could
> umount it, you wouldn't have anything accessible.

nope. My root system is on disk1, not on disk2

>  > What means that the system is always under
> >  recovery conditions !
>
> Well, sort of, but not quite.  The filesystem is always in a state that
> *if* something happened and it wasn't cleanly umounted, it would check as
> soon as you booted the next time, and recovery would happen.
>
> Hope this helps.

Thanks very much, I hope I understood it: wenn shutting down,  the disk2 is
beeing unmounted by the system -normal-.  When I boot the next time, the flag
gets always set, as I am mounting disk2 read-write, is that OK ?
And if the system crashes due for instance to a power crash, then the flag
would start a recover the next bootup and after the disk2 is again mounted
read-write the flag would again being set ?

And short: I do not have to be worried by that message ?

Thanks again
Edgar

--
Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers