Recovering Encrypted Directory

I have successfully recovered an encrypted directory, but read-only
and not mounted in the desired Private directory.  Following
instructions found in various places I have done the following:

The original encrypted system is at "/usr/local/people/user/.Private":

$ cd /usr/local/people/user
$ su
#
root@host:/home/user# ecryptfs-recover-private --rw
/usr/local/people/user/.Private
INFO: Searching for encrypted private directories (this might take a while)...
INFO: Found [/usr/local/people/user/.Private].
Try to recover this directory? [Y/n]:
INFO: Found your wrapped-passphrase
Do you know your LOGIN passphrase? [Y/n]
INFO: Enter your LOGIN passphrase...
Passphrase:
Inserted auth tok with sig [c14bc7a7948c5a32] into the user session keyring
INFO: Success!  Private data mounted read-only at [/tmp/ecryptfs.A6A68CJS].

I am able to get all my data but:

1.  The "--rw' option didn't work, nor did the explicit file name work
for "ecryptfs-recover-private".

2.  I can't figure out how to get back to normal operations.

I can read all the data in the ro tmp mount, so I could copy out all
the data and start over again, but is there an easier way to fully
recover?

Thanks.

Best regards,

-Tom