Re: async crashes

On 2013-03-30 15:57:10, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've been experimenting with async branch of ecryptfs for some
> workloads. Sometimes it crashes so that ecryptfs_encrypt_extent_done()
> first reports -EINPROGRESS (-115) to kernel log. After that it crashes
> in ablkcipher_walk_phys().

Were you building with Zeev's patch titled "eCryptfs: ablkcipher support
- add workqueue"? A (temporary) link to the patch can be found here:

http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tyhicks/ecryptfs.git/commit/?h=async

Do you have a way to reproduce this? Any exotic hardware? Any crypto
acceleration hardware?

> I looked at ecryptfs_encrypt_extent_done() and this made me think
> whether it should have special case for having -EBUSY and -EINPROGRESS.

Looking at other ablkcipher callbacks, I'd think we'd at least need a
special case for -EINPROGRESS.

> Sorry about bit coares "bug report" but I'm not expert either with
> ecryptfs or crypto implementation.

No problem, thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Additionally, I just cc'ed you on a different patch that I have been
working as an alternative to the async patch. Maybe you can give it a
try, as well.

Tyler