Will there be a multi CPU core version of eCryptfs?

Hello,

When using eCryptfs on a low end devices like NASs,
the CPU is often limiting the performance of reading/writing dramatically
because of the intense cryptographic workload.

I know that using cryptography on such systems is always a trade off,
 but I ask myself about a possible optimization which would help very much:

On my NAS the throughput with eCryptfs drops by about 70%
(Synology DS412+, Atom D2700 - 2 Cores, Hyperthreading).

For non-encrypted operation the CPU nearly idles, when using eCryptfs
its at about 25% load. I assume that only one of the possible
four parallel CPU threads are used.

My question is "Will there be a multi CPU core version?" which would improve
performance on low powered CPUs.

I don't know, if this is the right place to ask, but it would be great
if any of the developers could give me feedback if this will be possible
in the future - crossing fingers :)

Thanks.

Best regards,
Michael