Re: Encrypting BTRFS Volume

OK. Here's an option. Rename your mount /media/encrypted. Make the
ecryptfs directory there. Then mount that through ecryptfs as
/media/backups.  You are necessarily going to lose some btrfs
features, here you lose subvolumes. You could set it up differently
depending on what features you care about. You might also consider
ZFS, which I think is better designed/implemented than BTRFS (but
comes with other problems).

As far as ecryptfs goes though. You just make a folder on some device
(be it a subvolume, normal filesystem, whatever) and then mount it.
Use that wherever you see fit.