Encrypting BTRFS Volume

My backups server has a 4 drive BTRFS array (2TB each), and is mounted on /media/backups.  Under that are BTRFS subvolumes named for the LAN systems they back up, such as hex, droog, etc.  Also under backups is where the snapshots are made, such as hex-snap-2012-10-15, droog-snap-2012-10-15, and so on.

So where can I encrypt?  Do I have to go in to each subvolume and make private directories for each of those subdirs like bin, etc, lib, and so on?  If so, how would I update the new snapshots which are created, for encryption?

It doesn't seem possible to encrypt a BTRFS subvolume, and certainly not an array?