Re: ecryptfs doesn´t like noauto and noatime

On 2012-01-16 10:44:21, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have
>
> merkaba:~> grep ecrypt /etc/fstab
> /home/.ms               /home/ms                ecryptfs
> noatime,noauto  0       0
>
> And get:
>
> merkaba:~> mount /home/ms

Is this the *exact* mount command that you're running? You're not
invoking /sbin/mount.ecryptfs directly, using mount -t ecryptfs, or
anything else?

> Passphrase:
> Attempting to mount with the following options:
>   ecryptfs_unlink_sigs
>   ecryptfs_fnek_sig=0408d19ec184c207
>   ecryptfs_key_bytes=32
>   ecryptfs_cipher=aes
>   ecryptfs_sig=0408d19ec184c207
> Error mounting eCryptfs: [-5] Input/output error
> Check your system logs; visit <http://launchpad.net/ecryptfs>
>

> Still it works.
>

> In dmesg I see:
>
> [ 2657.888355] ecryptfs_parse_options: eCryptfs: unrecognized option
> [noauto]
> [ 2657.888359] ecryptfs_parse_options: eCryptfs: unrecognized option
> [noatime]

Neither of these options should be making their way to the kernel in the
string form. noauto is consumed by the mount utility and should be
stripped out entirely before constructing the final mount options string
for the kernel. noatime should be stripped out and converted into a
mountflags bit (see man 2 mount).

It looks like ecryptfs_generate_mount_flags() is incomplete since it
forgets to handle some options (at least noatime and noauto). I created
bug #917509 to track this:

https://launchpad.net/bugs/917509

Tyler