Ubuntu kernels and die__process: DW_TAG ... got INVALID!

When trying to extract the layout of kernel structures that should exist on recent kernels from the Ubuntu debug kernel repo, I get the following error:

die__process: DW_TAG_compile_unit, DW_TAG_type_unit or DW_TAG_partial_unit expected got INVALID!
pahole: type 'mount' not found

As far as I can tell, 'struct mount' should still exist - and I can pull other structures out without trouble.  The issue starts appearing somewhere in the 5.15 kernel version - earlier kernels work exactly as expected and I can extract the full offsets.

https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v5.15.48/source/fs/mount.h indicates that 'struct mount' still exists in the source, and it remains present into the 6.0 kernel with no substantial changes. I can also produce the same response with some of the other structures in that file - mountpoint, mnt_namespace, and mnt_pcp all lead to the same error message.

I've tried building pahole from head (Oct 4, 2022, e819d737) without any changes to the behavior, and v1.21 and 1.24 both lead to the same results.

Steps to reproduce (warning, will take ~10GB - the unzipped kernel debug symbols are rather large):

cd /tmp
wget http://ddebs.ubuntu.com/pool/main/l/linux/linux-image-unsigned-5.15.0-48-generic-dbgsym_5.15.0-48.54_amd64.ddeb
ar x linux-image-unsigned-5.15.0-48-generic-dbgsym_5.15.0-48.54_amd64.ddeb
tar -xf data.tar.xz
cd usr/lib/debug/boot
pahole -C mount vmlinux-5.15.0-48-generic

die__process: DW_TAG_compile_unit, DW_TAG_type_unit or DW_TAG_partial_unit expected got INVALID!
pahole: type 'mount' not found

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?  I'm not familiar enough with the various debug formats to know how to troubleshoot beyond this point right now.