Re: [RFT] Testing 1.22

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 8:20 AM Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
<acme@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
>         Its important to have 1.22 out of the door ASAP, so please clone
> what is in tmp.master and report your results.

Hey Arnaldo,

If we are going to make pahole 1.22 a new mandatory minimal version of
pahole, I think we should take a little bit of time and fix another
problematic issue and clean up Kbuild significantly.

We discussed this before, it would be great to have an ability to dump
generated BTF into a separate file instead of modifying vmlinux image
in place. I'd say let's try to push for [0] to land as a temporary
work around to buy us a bit of time to implement this feature. Then,
when pahole 1.22 is released and packaged into major distros, we can
follow up in kernel with Kbuild clean ups and making pahole 1.22
mandatory.

What do you think? If anyone agrees, please consider chiming in on the
above thread ([0]).

  [0] https://lore.kernel.org/bpf/20210526080741.GW30378@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/