Re: drm-misc migration to Gitlab server

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 20, 2024 at 09:49:25AM +0100, Maxime Ripard wrote:
> ## Changing the default location repo
>
> Dim gets its repos list in the drm-rerere nightly.conf file. We will
> need to change that file to match the gitlab repo, and drop the old cgit
> URLs to avoid people pushing to the wrong place once the transition is
> made.
>
> I guess the next merge window is a good time to do so, it's usually a
> quiet time for us and a small disruption would be easier to handle. I'll
> be off-duty during that time too, so I'll have time to handle any
> complication.

Looking back at the drm.git transition this week, there's probably some
adjustments to make.

First, we shouldn't remove the old repos URLs from nightly.conf entirely
but use the drm_old_urls array we now have to migrate people seamlessly
over time.

Since a lot of people are going to commit compared to drm though, it's
probably best to setup the cgit drm-misc repo as a mirror / read-only
right away and just before committing the nightly.conf modifications.
This way we will avoid a duplication of drm-misc if someone for some
reason didn't switch to the new URL.

And then there's the drm-tip topic. drm-tip at the moment gives write
access to the drm, drm-intel, drm-misc and drm-xe committers. All these
have the gitlab groups setup but drm-intel.

The best scenario would have been to migrate drm-tip before drm-misc so
we don't have a period of time where some people that could have been
granted privileges on the gitlab side wouldn't have cgit credentials,
and thus wouldn't be able to push to drm-tip.

However, it's not clear yet how drm-intel wants to set things up, so we
might have to do that still. Or do both at the same time, for additional
fun.

Maxime