Re: drm-misc migration to Gitlab server

Hi Stephen!

On Wed, Feb 21, 2024 at 09:46:43AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 11:25:05 +0000 Daniel Stone <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Actually, I double-checked and linux-next pulls our branches directly,
> > > so once the transition is over we'll have to notify them too.
> >
> > cc sfr - once we move the DRM repos to a different location, what's
> > the best way to update linux-next?
> >
> > That being said, we could set up read-only pull mirrors in the old
> > location ... something I want to do in March (because what else are
> > you going to do on holiday?) is to kill the write repos on kemper
> > (git.fd.o), move them to being on molly (cgit/anongit.fd.o) only, and
> > just have a cronjob that regularly pulls from all the gl.fd.o repos,
> > rather than pushing from GitLab.
>
> These are (I think) all the drm trees/branches that I fetch every day:
>
> git://anongit.freedesktop.org/drm-intel#for-linux-next
> git://anongit.freedesktop.org/drm-intel#for-linux-next-fixes
> git://anongit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm-misc#for-linux-next
> git://anongit.freedesktop.org/drm/drm-misc#for-linux-next-fixes
> git://git.freedesktop.org/git/drm/drm.git#drm-fixes
> git://git.freedesktop.org/git/drm/drm.git#drm-next

To test out the process we've moved drm.git first. It's now here:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/kernel.git

Still the same two branches. Can you please update the url? We haven't
enabled the auto-mirror for this one, since we want to make sure the
upgrade path in the tooling works and people do switch over to the new
repo.

For the others the plan is keep the old places automatically mirrored, at
least until the dust has settled.

Thanks!

--
Daniel Vetter