Re: DRM Migration to Gitlab

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 27, 2024 at 09:16:35AM +0100, Maxime Ripard wrote:
> Sima, after becoming aware of the drm-misc transition to Gitlab in the
> next couple of weeks, to do the same for DRM today.
>
> This is now done and all the various bits (nightly.conf, MAINTAINERS,
> doc, etc.) should be there.
>
> If all goes well, the only thing you'll notice is that dim will complain
> about the drm remote not having the right URLs.
>
> Any dim user should update the URL with either one of the two following
> commands:
>
> git remote set-url drm ssh://git@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/drm/kernel.git
> git remote set-url drm https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/drm/kernel.git
>
> And the rest should be transparent.

So, it turns out it wasn't.

With the help of Lucas, Jani and Sima today we rolled something that
will convert anyone that hasn't changed anything yet automatically. The
only thing you need to do is run `dim ub` *twice* and you'll be prompted
to update the URL on the second run.

If you've followed the instructions above and got stuck somewhere in the
middle, you can get back to the state before today and then start over
like described above by doing:

cd $DIM_PREFIX/drm-rerere
git checkout rerere-cache
git reset --hard 044940a15536

cd $DIM_PREFIX/maintainer-tools
git checkout master
git reset --hard 0c154c094f54

cd $DIM_PREFIX/kernel
git remote set-url drm ssh://git.freedesktop.org/git/drm/drm

dim ub
dim ub

Maxime