Re: Try to address the DMA-buf coherency problem

On Tue, 22 Nov 2022 18:33:59 +0100
Christian König <christian.koenig@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> We should have come up with dma-heaps earlier and make it clear that
> exporting a DMA-buf from a device gives you something device specific
> which might or might not work with others.
>
> Apart from that I agree, DMA-buf should be capable of handling this.
> Question left is what documentation is missing to make it clear how
> things are supposed to work?

Perhaps somewhat related from Daniel Stone that seems to have been
forgotten:
https://lore.kernel.org/dri-devel/20210905122742.86029-1-daniels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/

It aimed mostly at userspace, but sounds to me like the coherency stuff
could use a section of its own there?

Thanks,
pq