Re: Must-Pass Test Suite for KMS drivers

Hi

Am 07.11.22 um 10:30 schrieb Maxime Ripard:
Hi Thomas,

On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 09:31:38AM +0200, Thomas Zimmermann wrote:
Am 24.10.22 um 14:43 schrieb maxime@xxxxxxxxxx:
I've discussing the idea for the past year to add an IGT test suite that
all well-behaved KMS drivers must pass.

The main idea behind it comes from v4l2-compliance and cec-compliance,
that are being used to validate that the drivers are sane.

We should probably start building up the test list, and eventually
mandate that all tests pass for all the new KMS drivers we would merge
in the kernel, and be run by KCi or similar.

I did a first pass to create a draft of such a test-suite, which would
contain:

igt@core_auth@basic-auth
igt@core_auth@getclient-master-drop
igt@core_auth@getclient-simple
igt@core_auth@many-magics
igt@core_getclient
igt@core_getstats
igt@core_getversion
igt@core_hotunplug@hotrebind-lateclose
igt@core_hotunplug@hotunbind-rebind
igt@core_hotunplug@unbind-rebind
igt@core_setmaster
igt@core_setmaster_vs_auth
igt@device_reset@unbind-reset-rebind
igt@drm_read
igt@dumb_buffer
igt@fbdev

Maybe we make this test optional? At least sprd decided to not support fbdev
at all.

I'm not sure we need to make that test optional, or at least, we should
run it all the time, but skip it if there's no fbdev emulation, and not
report it as a failure?

Sure. I just meant that fbdev support shouldn't be a blocker. If there, it should work of course.

Best regards
Thomas

Maxime

--