Re: How do I gather up new code to be converted as patches?

Hi

Am 23.06.22 um 21:29 schrieb Kevin Brace:
Hi Jeffrey,

I did not point to the repository I actively maintain, but since I was able to do so since 2017, I think I have figured out all of what I consider "basic" ways of using git to maintain and keep up with the upstream DRM code.

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/openchrome/drm-openchrome/

It is just that I am now at a point of posting code on dri-devel mailing list for the first code review, but I just suddenly realized that git does not appear to have a convenient way to do this.
What I am trying to do is to post the code on dri-devel like the previous OpenChrome developer, James Simmons, did in 2013.

https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2013-June/039594.html

You probably want 'git send-email'. Once configured, it generates nice patchsets with cover letter and sends them automatically.

There's

  https://git-scm.com/docs/git-send-email

and DRI-specific instructions at

https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/HowToUseGitSendEmail/