Re: Linux 5.16.3 breaks headless Raspberry Pi 3 boot, again

Hi Maxime,

maxime at cerno.tech (Maxime Ripard) writes:
> I'm not entirely sure what you expect by insisting on things getting
> broken *again*, but we got it, thanks.

I wanted to remind of the previous issue, which had the same symptoms,
and hence might be related and helpful in debugging.

Upon further reading, I realize it came across as annoyed and
accusatory, and for that I apologize. Sorry. It was not my intention.

While we’re on the subject, though, I do wonder whether anything could
be improved to catch issues like this one before the kernel is released
in the future?

Are you not testing this driver on the Raspberry Pi 3?

I don’t know what the testing process for this driver, or Linux more
broadly, looks like in detail, so I’m curious to learn more.

> For some reason, in the stable commit, pm_runtime_put ended up in
> vc4_hdmi_cec_init while it should have been at the end of
> vc4_hdmi_cec_adap_enable.
>
> I'll send a patch to fix it.

Thanks for identifying and getting this addressed so quickly!

--
Best regards,
Michael