Re: [RFC] Host1x/TegraDRM UAPI

On 6/26/20 2:06 PM, Karol Herbst wrote:
On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 3:03 PM Mikko Perttunen <cyndis@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

# Host1x/TegraDRM UAPI proposal

This is a proposal for a stable UAPI for Host1x and TegraDRM, to replace
the current TegraDRM UAPI that is behind `STAGING` and quite obsolete in
many ways.

I haven't written any implementation yet -- I'll do that once there is
some agreement on the high-level design.

Current open items:

* The syncpoint UAPI allows userspace to create sync_file FDs with
arbitrary syncpoint fences. dma_fence code currently seems to assume all
fences will be signaled, which would not necessarily be the case with
this interface.
* Previously present GEM IOCTLs (GEM_CREATE, GEM_MMAP) are not present.
Not sure if they are still needed.

Hi, as this wasn't addressed here (and sorry if I missed it): is there
an open source userspace making use of this UAPI? Because this is
something which needs to be seen before it can be included at all.

Hi Karol,

not currently, but once we have hashed out the design a little bit (and I'm back from vacation), I'll work on open source userspace and converting existing code using the staging UAPI to this one.

Mikko