Re: Reverting https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/336850/

Hi Thierry

Thanks for the response.
We shall reimplement these locally in our drivers and push the next patchset.

Thanks

Abhinav
On 2020-03-02 00:09, Thierry Reding wrote:
On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 05:35:51PM -0800, abhinavk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Thierry

For DP drivers using MSM chipsets, we are using drm_dp_link_configure,
drm_dp_link_power_up and drm_dp_link_power_down functions. Here is the patch
for reference:

https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/343346/

We will be posting a newer version of the driver soon.

For that, we plan to revert https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/336850/
as now there are more users of the functions and not just tegra.

Let us know if this is the right approach or shall we make the required
functions local to our drivers.

I think reimplementing these locally in you drivers is the preferred
way. It's not so much a lack of users (there were 5 or so in total when
I made the change to remove these helpers), but rather the general
approach that was being criticized by other driver maintainers. I'm not
aware of any of their opinions having changed on this subject, so I'd
recommend going down the path of least resistance.

Thierry