DRM Inquiry

Hi All,

Good day!

I’ve been doing some PTN3460 programming under Linux using C/C++ and I have some questions regarding on setting the brightness level to my display device.

The display device with PTN3460 is connected in DP (display port) to my computer. Only needs a DisplayPort native AUX command to access DPCD address from PTN3460.

I’m currently looking into the DRM (Direct Rendering Manager) a subsystem of the Linux kernel. It has a methods drm_dp_dpcd_readb, drm_dp_dpcd_read and drm_dp_dpcd_write.

Do you have any suggestions or advice how to use the kernel driver in DRM in regards to how to implement the method drm_dp_dpcd_readb for example? I couldn't not find any test tool examples that implement it. Biggest concern is I don't have sufficient knowledge where to start what to code using the DRM module.

Name
drm_dp_dpcd_readb — read a single byte from the DPCD
Synopsis
ssize_t drm_dp_dpcd_readb (    struct drm_dp_aux * aux,

               unsigned int offset,
               u8 * valuep);

Arguments
aux - DisplayPort AUX channel
offset - address of the register to read
valuep - location where the value of the register will be stored
Description
Returns the number of bytes transferred (1) on success, or a negative error code on failure.

Regards,
John