Re: your mail

On 30-10-17, 13:09, Shevchenko, Andriy wrote:
> Hi!
>
> During ELCE 2017 Lars, Alexey and me had a chat with regards to DMA
> subsystem. There were IIRC few topics. Let me summarize what was being
> discussed and the next steps.
>
> (Lars, Alexey, please correct me if / where I'm wrong)
>
> DesignWare DMA driver (AHB)
> ---------------------------
> I have a lot of stuff to do besides this one driver. Moreover, it looks
> like there is nothing (features) anticipated to be done to the driver
> from me since Intel switched to its own DMA engine, IDMA, which looks
> like DW DMA, though 64-bit (though 32-bit version of it, that present in
> few Intel SoCs, had been embedded to DesignWare DMA driver already).
>
> Thus, I would like to step down from co-maintainer to just a designated
> reviewer for the driver. Synopsys may take over, and Alexey has a
> candidate in his mind.
>
> I also think Viresh can do the same. Viresh?
>
> That said, we will keep an eye on driver changes.
>
> The proposed change is a patch from Synopsys against MAINTAINERS data
> base from the potential (co-)maintainer of the driver where Viresh and
> me are moved under R: and new maintainer under M: records respectively.

I am fine with adding a new co-maintainer from Synopsys here if they
can provide a dedicated source. But that doesn't mean that /me or you
have to be removed from the maintainers list (M: specifically). Of
course, you can make a choice to not be a maintainer anymore for it
but I would still like to be the maintainer for it. There is no need
to step down. This DMA controller is still used by one of the ARM
platforms for which I am a maintainer in kernel.

Thanks Andriy.

--
viresh