Re: dm-verity requires WQ_UNBOUND with mxs-dcp

On Thu, Jun 06, 2024 at 03:12:26PM +0200, Sven wrote:
> Do you happen to have some more infos on the self-tests you mentioned? Can
> you point me at documentation, I coulnd't really find much useful stuff.
>
> Thanks
>
> On 5/28/24 9:42 PM, Eric Biggers wrote:
> > Does this driver pass all the crypto self-tests?

The crypto self-tests can be enabled by unsetting
CONFIG_CRYPTO_MANAGER_DISABLE_TESTS, and preferably setting
CONFIG_CRYPTO_MANAGER_EXTRA_TESTS in order to enable the full set of tests.

They might catch something, though they don't test parallel usage of drivers
which is where it sounds like the issue here might be here.

In any case the bug here is likely to be in the mxs-dcp driver, especially
considering that drivers tend to be much lower quality than the software crypto
(some driver developers apparently don't even bother to run the tests).

- Eric