On allowing remounting the partition containing dm-mapped boot disk as read-write

I am just an ordinary user of Linux and ventoy .
Q)
https://github.com/ventoy/Ventoy/issues/2234
Is what I have suggested here, meaningful?
Is there contra-indications to not do it or an alternative suggestions?
thoughts?

Ventoy, a GPL software, uses a small kernel patch to achieve a small remountability feature.
It seemed to me, that patching the kernel per distribution is sub-optimal.
I couldn't find a previous relevant discussion on this on dm-devel, but it seems like a requirement would've been well known and this would have already been discussed. What does the actually patch do?

Thx
-Gana