multipath issue on kernel 4.6.2

Greetings,

I thought I would inform you of this issue I've had with multipathd under CentOS 7 on kernel 4.6.2. The idea is that we wanted to test kernel 4.6.2 for virtualization purposes, as apparently kernel 4 and up improves IO for KVM. When we boot on that kernel though, multipath keeps detecting and immediately losing the paths to our block devices, causing undelivered IO to accumulate (or so it looks like), the VM to become unresponsive and eventually, crashing the host.

This is the kernel package name we installed : kernel-ml-4.6.2-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64 .

Of course we've rolled back to kernel 3.10 since, so that our VMs can work properly, but I thought it would be a good idea to bring this issue to your attention.

Best regards,

Jean-Philippe Méthot