Re: multipath-0.5.0 still provides broken udev rules

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 3:56 PM, Christophe Varoqui <christophe.varoqui@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Distributors can't be asked to agree on a common udev ruleset.

Of course, there is no pressure on downstream distributor on what configuration/udev rules should be used. Yet it's always good to have upstream hand for such things. Lot's of packages (lvm/systemd/networkmanager/...) come with an upstream suggested udev rules. Should we avoid use of that udev rules? I don't think so.

Ben, Hannes, Xosé, Peter are you ok with my deleting the udev rules example ?

Since these rules are broken it good idea to drop this file to avoid confusion. Yet it's good idea to document some general ideas of what needs to be done with udev to setup fully working multipath configuration.

--
Peter.