Re: [lvm-devel] dm thin: optimize away writing all zeroes to unprovisioned blocks

Actually, given your: count = bv.bv_len / sizeof(uint64_t);

My immediate concern was it would've truncated any partial contents of
the bio_vec beyond the last uint64_t boundary.  Leading to possible
false positive return from the function (because some contents weren't
checked).

Understood.  I had always thought bio data was block-size aligned.

Out of curiosity, do you have examples of when this is not so?