Re: clustered snapshots status, LVM on shared storage without CLVM?

A true active/active cluster snapshot is not currently planned. There is some discussion from time to time about whether it is appropriate or not, but even this is idle chatter until the new (single-machine) shared snapshot implementation is completed.

However, you will be able to take snapshots in a cluster in the next RHEL releases (or if you use upstream sources) if the volume you are snapshotting is activated exclusively.

It is possible to use LVM in a cluster without CLVM. I don't think it would be smart though. You are essentially trying to do clvmd's job. Do you know everything that it does? Are you sure you won't ever make a mistake?

 brassow