Re: Question regarding failback option in multipath.conf

On 10/01/2009 09:01 PM, Eli Klein wrote:
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I did.. it didn't help.
In addition, from the output of multipath -v3, multipathd is picking up all
of the correct settings, even with the two separate default sections.

It seems like you set it all up right but failback isn't working like it *seems* it should. (I have never needed it) If you're interested in a hack..

Since you don't seem to care how long it takes to failover, you could do the *opposite* of what this kbase recommends:

How can I improve the failover time of a faulty path when using device-mapper-multipath over iSCSI?

http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/docs/DOC-2877

Aside from that I would suggest you open a support case with Red Hat if the box is covered under a support contract.

John Brier