From: dm-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dm-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Scott Dungan
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 7:52 PM
To: dm-devel@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  FS directly on top of dm devices?

We recently had an engineer from a large storage vendor suggest that we
make our file systems directly onto the multipathed devices without
first creating underlying partitions or using LVM.  Having not run with
this method in production before, we would like to gather as much
information as possible first. Initial searches for documentation on
this method has produced few results, short of a Suse/Novell document
from 2005 under section 4:

http://support.novell.com/techcenter/sdb/en/2005/04/sles_multipathing.h
tml

Does anyone have any experience with this or can point us to more
documentation. thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks,

--

Scott A Dungan

This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete the e-mail from your system.

Scott A Dungan
Systems Administrator
GPS Division
California Institute of Technology