Changing SAN vendors

Title: Changing SAN vendors

Hello:
        Our IT group has decided to switch SAN Vendors. The switch over for a couple of systems has gone fine, but I have some questions on some things that have changed.

        First a little information on how the switch over is taking place. The old SAN is a EMC CX and the new SAN is a HP XP. The system is connected to a SAN switch which is then connected to both SANs. We shut down the system, and then rezone the switch/SAN to access the XP now instead of the CX. The XP passes through all the I/O request to the CX. When we know the data can be seen correctly, they do some commands that copies the data from the CX to the XP and then the I/O takes place on the XP from that point on. All this works fine.

        When only connected to the CX, I had /dev/mapper/mpath1 and /dev/mapper/mpath2. After the reboot and rezoning /dev/mapper/mpath1 and /dev/mapper/mpath2 are gone and /dev/mapper/mpath3 and /dev/mapper/mpath4 are there. LVM finds the Volume Group and all Logical Volumes with no problem.

        My question is what do I have to change in some configuration file or what ever to make /dev/mapper/mpath1 and /dev/mapper/mpath2 be in place instead of /dev/mapper/mpath3 and /dev/mapper/mpath4?

        I know this is not creating any real problem, but it is kind of misleading, because it looks like 2 paths are missing.

-----
Thanks
Jack Allen