Re: [dm-devel] 2.6.3-udm4

Kevin Corry wrote:
On Friday 27 February 2004 3:41 pm, Kevin Corry wrote:

On Friday 27 February 2004 12:58 pm, Mike Christie wrote:

Joe Thornber wrote:

http://people.sistina.com/~thornber/dm/patches/2.6-unstable/2.6.3/2.6.3
-u dm4.tar.bz2

Note the mpath contructor args have changed again (no priority).

I have been trying the latest dm-mpath patches, but when I fail a path
(pull a cord or disable a port) dm-mpath oops on queue_work for the
trigger_event work (if I do a addr2line it says it is in
__atomic_dec_and_test). The strange thing is if I just comment the
queue_work line out, in fail_path() it will hit a BUG() in the spin lock
code that tests the lock magic. I will post the oops when I get the
output from serial line, but has anyone had success with failover in the
current dm-mpath? This actually has occured for this release and udm3 w/
Joe's bio record patches.

Yep, I just hit that as well. Looks to me like the path->pg->m pointer got
munged. Actually...it looks like the m pointer never got initialized in the
priority group. Yep....patch 11 from -udm4 removed
__insert_priority_group(), which is where that pointer got initialized.
Here's one possible patch which should fix it.

Failover is working fine on my system now with this patch.

Thanks for the patch. It fixes dm-mpath for me.

You are using ram backed storage though, right? Failover still does not work for me, but I have been tracking it down to SCSI or qla2xxx's fault.

Thanks,

Mike