Performance/Requirements of Argon2 header with removable devices

Hello,

I have another question regarding the new LUKS2 header resp. the Argon2 algorithm.

I understand that Argon2 deliberately requires a large amount of memory, and that this amount is dynamically calculated when creating the device.

How does a removable device encrypted with LUKS behave in this case? If I create the device on i.e. a Core i9 with 16 GiB RAM and then try to open it on an Atom x5 with 1GiB, will this be possible at all? Yes, it would be ultra-slow in any case even with LUKS1 header, because of the number of iterations, but it would work.

Thanks,
Andreas