Re: Question about mounting an external hard drive

On 12/24/20 9:39 AM, Dr. David Bower wrote:
> I cannot find the exact commands to mount the external hard drive

Hi,

I have no experience with Ubuntu but if you get the prompt to enter the
password - when you plug in the disk - I assume it gets mounted
automatically (when passphrase is correct).

You can open a terminal window and verify it it's already mounted with:

df -h
or
sudo lsblk --fs

Anyway, if you say you can unlock the device, for example with:

sudo cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdc1 whatever

...then you can mount it with:

sudo mount /dev/mapper/whatever /mnt

Just pay attention to the name you're using for the "unlocked" device
("whatever" in my example).

--
Jorge