Question about mounting an external hard drive

Hello:

I was directed to you by Clemons Fruhwirth.

I recently purchased a 2 TB Samsung external hard drive and used Ubuntu Linux to password protect it.  It seems that Ubuntu used LUKS encryption to protect the hard drive.

Now I am having extreme difficulty using the external hard drive.  It seems that my main problem is that I cannot find the exact commands to mount the external hard drive
so that Ubuntu Linux will recognize the drive.  I have tried using the approaches listed on multiple web pages but as yet I am still unsuccessful in using the drive.

Any help / direction you can give me to solve this problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

PS:  When I insert the hard drive into the USB port, Ubuntu will ask me for the password and I am able to unlock the drive.  In fact, I can unlock the drive either from the linux command line or from the dialog box available from the Ubuntu linux disk application.

David M. Bower, MD, PhD
Radiation oncologist / Medical physicist

cellphone:  (954) 940 0462
email:  dr.david.bower@xxxxxxxxxx

Horizon Medical Services
3920 NW 49 Street