Re: LUKS header and token

On Friday, February 28, 2020, 4:22:43 AM MST, Milan Broz <gmazyland@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Read cryptsetup / LUKS2-docs

cryptsetup / LUKS2-docs
 Documentation to the LUKS2 format.
Thank you, I read through that doc a few times.  It did give me a basic understanding.

>Some trivial example is in source code in misc/luks2_keyslot_example.
>There is a plan to extend this interface in next major version,
>I expect we have some better examples in that time.

I would be happy to help with documentation and maybe even coding in C but I'd prefer to keep my coding at a higher level such as at the system level where users would be.  My goal is to wire everything together from the user perspective.  It's difficult to quickly follow what's going on in the C code.  I'll use this example as one of my resources.

I think my plan complements your philosophy of letting users store a token in the header and then an external program handles everything else.   I would also be interested in hearing/reading/seeing any preliminary ideas you have on the new interface.

> Sorry for late response,
No problem. Thank you for your feedback.
--
JT