Detached header creation confusion.

Salutations.

Thank you all so much for the time and effort you put into your amazing project!
I've used it successfully many times!

I have a usage question for you if you'll allow me.

I am attempting to create a detached header in conjunction with a 1G offset.

The version of cryptsetup I am using is version 2.2.2.
My kernel is 5.4.3

What I expected:
> detached header file "detached_header.img" on /dev/sda1 (mounted at /mnt)
> luks protected data on /dev/sda1

The command I used.
> $cryptsetup luksFormat /dev/sd2 --offset 2097152 --header /mnt/detached_header.img

According to the man page, the --header option will override the positional <device> parameter.
Thus, when I run the above command (or variations of same) the device on which the "detached_header.img" file sits, becomes the target of the luksFormat.

What happened:
> /dev/sda1 becomes target of luksFormat. Fails with the following output;

$ Device wipe error, offset 93323264.
$ Cannot wipe header on device mnt/detached_header.img

No change on /dev/sda2

I know I'm misunderstanding something, but I can't figure out what it is.

Thank you ahead of time for any help you can provide!

-Omar