Upper ASCII password shenanigans

Hello,

So, nowadays just about every website is telling us to use strong
passphrases for our logins and authentication stuff. I was wondering
since we're mostly used to constructing passphrases out of printable
characters like a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and punctuation. I think the total number
of classic printable ASCII characters is 95. So whatever the password
is, it will be limited to 95^n possible combinations where n is the
password length.

That got me thinking. Has anyone tried using the upper 128+ ASCII
characters (Extended ASCII) in your passwords? Technically even just a
single character would be sufficient to significantly strengthen the
passphrase. I have to admit I've never used them before, but I am
looking at possibilities. The only time I've ever tried them was in my
PayPal account - tried to use the euro sign, but the website started
bitchin about it so I had to drop it.

It's a bit unusual to type them. On Windows platforms you would simply
hold down alt and type a number in the keypad, but on linux you instead
have to do something like:

Ctrl (hold) + Alt (hold) + u + hex number + release ctrl and alt

Does LUKS/LUKS2 support them?

Can they be used in pre-boot authentication?