Bindings to other programming languages (Golang)

Hello.

I'm contacting you because I've been working on a set of Go bindings for libcryptsetup for a while now, and I think it's mature enough it might be worth checking out. As I'm sure you're aware, Go is increasingly being used for services, and I wanted to provide developers with full programmability without relying on fork().

I actually opened an issue around this idea, but I'm not sure an issue is the best place for us to talk, hence this e-mail message: https://gitlab.com/cryptsetup/cryptsetup/issues/469

I've developed it test-first, and the tests are actually system tests, following the same approach you use on upstream libcryptsetup. It is also fairly well documented, although most of the docs are hanging in a simple markdown file.

It is my idea that we could work together on these bindings: you could report what needs to be done, and I'd implement it in my spare time, ensuring quality is maintained as per your guidelines.

Repo is available here: https://github.com/martinjungblut/go-cryptsetup

Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you!

Martin