Re: Is my LUKS header corrupted?

On 24 Apr 2019 14:08 +0200, from arno@xxxxxxxxxxx (Arno Wagner):
> 2. would indicate a corrupt header, but 1. is really strange.
> Unless Kubuntu has done something they really should not do,
> namely adding their own passphrase checksum, I have no idea
> how that behavior could happen.

1. would seems to me to *possibly* indicate a corrupted file system.
Running a *read-only* fsck from within that emergency mode shell may
be advised, just to see if there's significant metadata damage within
the container. Also check how the file system is mounted when the
system drops into emergency mode; read-only or read/write.

--
Michael Kjörling • https://michael.kjorling.se • michael@xxxxxxxxxxx
  “The most dangerous thought that you can have as a creative person