Is my LUKS header corrupted?

I have a LUKS-encrypted hard drive partition that is showing the following behavior on Kubuntu 19.04:

1. If I enter the correct passphrase, Kubuntu drops into emergency mode. If I enter the incorrect passphrase, Kubuntu asks for the passphrase again.

2. If I run cryptsetup luksOpen <target device> myName with the correct passphrase, it tells me "No key available with this passphrase."

Does anybody know what would account for this behavior? How is Kubuntu's UI layer able to take a different code path based on the correct passphrase if dm-crypt no longer recognizes the passphrase?

Is it possible there are arguments to luksOpen that I can pass to have the passphrase recognized again?

The passphrase worked 4 days ago. The machine was powered down accidentally by an unruly toddler, but I'm not sure if that's enough to corrupt the LUKS header.

Thanks for any help/info!
Greg