Re: cryptsetup-reencrypt fails after converting a LUKS1 volume to LUKS2

On 02.08.2018 15:05, Ondrej Kozina wrote:
> On 08/02/2018 12:38 PM, Ingo Franzki wrote:
>
>> A better error message is fine, but I would rather like to see a fix that makes cryptsetup-reencrypt work with non-default LUKS2 header sizes
>
> This commit in wip-luks2 branch should fix it 1f36e33a. I need to add some tests yet, but hope this is it. Provided it passes tests I think this may get in 2.0.4 since it's one-liner.
Wow that was quick!

I checked out wip-luks2, built it, and tested it out on my system. Works great! Even with the PAES cipher.

Will the smaller header area have any negative impact on LUKS operations later on?
Like does it allow less keyslots due to the reduced header space?

> Regards
> O.

Ingo Franzki
eMail: ifranzki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel: ++49 (0)7031-16-4648
Fax: ++49 (0)7031-16-3456
Linux on z Systems Development, IBM z Systems, Schoenaicher Str. 220, 71032 Boeblingen, Germany

IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz
Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 243294