Re: help mounting partitions in an encrypted disk after first reboot

Hi Arno,

as an addition, kpartx (not partx) should be able to do that aswell.
It will however not tell the kernel about partitions on a device, but rather setup dm mappings for each partition.

Just wanted to add this in. And I am somehwat surprised that partprobe actually works this way. That makes me wonder, why the kernel does detect partitions on physical disks, but not on other block devices (be it the current case, or NBDs, iSCSI BDs or whatever)? Does the kernel simply decide to only scan 'real' block devices by itself. Because it does so even after boot, when a disk comes up by hotplugging etc. .

Regards

-Sven